Attendance Manager Cloud is not your typical K-12 classroom attendance solution. Attendance Manager Cloud is for classrooms, programs, and schools that want to… or need to, for state requirements… record student presence in the class and how long they were there, not simply who is absent and tardy. Our approach for this is that students actually clock in-to and (optionally) clock out-of class. We offer a variety of tools and methods that allow students to quickly and easily perform this clock in process. These times then automatically upload into the Attendance Manager Cloud app where teachers and administrators can create reports to meet a wide range of student, district, and state reporting needs.
Attendance Manager Cloud features easy system management for tracking student attendance. The activation and initial setup process requires minimal data entry for adding students and creating classes. The system also allows for flexible class scheduling, and transferring students between classes is easy. There are multiple options for students to clock in and out of class, including an electronic timeclock with a fingerprint scanner or barcode reader, a mock terminal app for classroom computers, and manual entry by teachers. The system provides a variety of reporting options as well, including reports for individual students, single or multiple classes, and entire programs, as well as state-specific reports for specific curriculums.
Expand each feature below to learn more:
Activation and Initial Setup – Setup of the system starts with an invitation email to the user(s) to create their own account and login credentials. Once in the Attendance Manager Cloud app, setup to get started requires a small bit of data entry in only 2 areas:
- Add students – Many data fields are available but minimum data entry is first name, last name, and student ID number.
- Create class(es) – Create one or more classes with simply a descriptive name and number, and then enroll your students into their respective classes.
There is no limit on number of students or classes. This data can also be imported from other school or classroom management software.
- Flexible Class Scheduling – Creating a class schedule provides a point of reference to allow automatic determination of tardies and absences. It is optional, and many users that simply want to report clock hours, can skip this step. But if reporting tardies and absences is desired, class scheduling is very flexible to fit a broad range of classroom environments.
- Student Enrollment – Moving students between classes is easy and flexible. Features exist for transferring students between classes, rolling over classes at the turn of a term (quarter, semester, or year), and transferring student data in from another school, mid-term.
- Data Management – All collected student data, including clock times, can be presented to users in a variety of ways and easily managed and edited by a user of the system.
Many options exist for how students can clock in and clock out of class.
Electronic Timeclock (Attendance Terminal) – This device works independent of your computer to collect student clock-in and clock-out times.
Two different models are available:
- With a fingerprint scanner, students simply place their finger on the fingerprint scan pad to clock-in.
- With a slot for sliding a bar coded student card to clock-in.
Both models include a color screen and a numeric keypad. With the keypad, students can also type in a student ID number to clock-in. On every clock punch, the students name appears on the screen and an audible tone sounds to visually and audibly confirm a successful clock-in. The Attendance Terminal communicates on your network and uploads student clock times as they happen to your Attendance Manager Cloud account.
- Classroom Computer – A computer can be used in the classroom where students clock into class. Computer must have internet access. There is no software to install on that computer, just log into the “Mock Terminal” app that comes with your Attendance Manager Cloud account. It is called a mock terminal because the app mimics the same process as using an Attendance Terminal described above, however, without fingerprint scanning. Students type in their student ID number on the computer keyboard and the app displays the student name and gives an audible tone to confirm a successful clock-in.
- Teacher Manual Entry – While not recommended for daily clock-ins, users of Attendance Manager Cloud can add and edit clock times for any and all students.
Any number of clock times can be recorded for any student on any given day. This is convenient for classroom environments that are many hours long and allow students to clock out and back in for breaks in the class. It also accommodates students coming into class after hours to gain extra time on their curriculum.
Reporting on the attendance data collected by Attendance Manager Cloud is very easy and flexible. Most of the reports built into the app have been designed by teachers, for teachers. Reports are available for individual students, for single or multiple classes, and for entire programs that span many years. Many state specific reports required by programs in specific curriculums have been added into the app and continue to be added as our conversations with users continue. Please see the Reports section for a list of available reports and report options.
Attendance Manager Cloud App
- Data at rest is encrypted.
- Data backups are kept on private, encrypted storage at AWS.
- Maintain geographically disperse, redundant server capacity.
- Timeclocks will store the attendance data for weeks at a time if inadvertently disconnected from the
- Local AC power required for 12V DC transformer (included)
- Requires an internet connection
- Network connectivity with static IP addressing or DHCP.
- Available with either fingerprint scanner or barcode card scanner
- Numeric Keypad
- 3 in. TFT Color Screen
- Wi-Fi and Ethernet as a standard feature on all devices
- Enhanced network security
- 10 Digits User ID
- Daylight savings time
- PUSH compatibility; clock times recorded go straight to the cloud
- Enhanced encryption system for data integrity and security
- Dimensions: 6.5 in. x 5.5 in. x 1.8 in.
- Weight: 0.95 lbs. (0.43 kg)
- Individual Student Reports
- Daily Attendance
- Report By Day
- Student Summary
- Student Timecard
- State specific reports (call for complete listing)
- Classroom Reporting
- Monthly Record of School Hours
- Quarterly Record of School Hours
- Daily Attendance Roster
- Student Summary (Class)
- Perfect Attendance
- Attendance by Program (spanning multiple classes))
- Attendance Audit Report
- State specific reports (call for complete listing)
- Student Barcode Labels
- Student Barcoded ID Cards
- Student Mailing Labels
Like what you see? Don’t hesitate to contact us and get started today!